There are any number of unforeseen circumstances that can lead to water damage in your home: broken pipes, a leaky roof, a backed up septic tank or sewage system or an unexpected thunderstorm to name just a few. If your home has been flooded with water—no matter how severe—it is important to act quickly to prevent permanent damage. The professionals at United Restoration and Construction are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It doesn’t matter if you call in the middle of the night or on a weekend; we are here to help.
If left for too long, water can cause permanent structural damage to your home as well as ruin hardwood floors, carpeting and furnishings. Even if you think you can handle the cleanup process, it is best to call professionals such as those employed at United Restoration and Construction. Our team of experts can quickly and efficiently remove the water and restore your home to its pre-flood condition. We also have the tools and technology to prevent the growth of mold and microbes.
The growth of mold can be even more devastating than the original disaster that caused the water damage. Mold can start to grow in less than 48 hours from exposure and multiplies rapidly. You need highly trained professionals who can contain the spores from becoming airborne and contaminating your indoor air, while at the same time alleviating the growth. Otherwise, a small problem can become a large infestation that can take a serious toll on the health of members of your household. Those who suffer from respiratory ailments such as asthma or allergies are the most effected, as are the elderly. Both young and old alike, however, are susceptible to reactions such as headaches, breathing difficulties and even digestive issues.
As a certified provider of inspection, cleaning and restoration, United Restoration and Construction offers mold testing as well as mold removal services. If the mold is visible, testing may be necessary to determine if it is natural or toxic. This will not only help determine the best removal technique, but can also be helpful for the diagnosis and treatment of illnesses. Once we know exactly what we are dealing with, we can begin the cleanup process.
Even if there is no visible mold or you haven’t experienced any water problems, you may still want to get your home tested. The humidity level in the overall environment or even in certain rooms of the house can cause the growth of mold. It is imperative to hire a professional to test for hidden mold to protect your health. For instance, if you were to remove wallpaper in an area that you suspected might have mold the spores can become airborne, negatively impacting the air quality. Professionals have the training and tools to contain the mold, prevent the release of spores, remove the mold completely and mitigate future growth.
Home buyers often request mold testing to ensure that their new investment is a wise one that will not compromise their health or safety.